This statement refers to the city of Presidente Franco, named after one of the Paraguayan heads of the state (in 1918). It was established in Alto Parana Department in 1929 and nowadays might be considered as one of the small travel spots within a country. However, it is useful to learn something about it before going to:
1. The natural attraction this city is famous for is Monday falls (Saltos del Monday) – 45 meters high marvelous waterfall with a width of 120 meters. There is also a Municipal Park nearby, which appears to be significant biosphere preservation of rare animal and plants. To speak in details, it is the sole remain of Atlantic forest within the area of Parana River. Additionally, tourists will also knowledge a piece of story about Guarani people as far as Monday falls was one of their stops.
2. Presidente Franco is a border city (district) in the eastern part of the country, which determined its fate as big export/import spot. In particular, it is known for a long time as huge fruits and vegetables trading center and nowadays the list of its most popular products is supplemented with timber and mate, national drink of Paraguayans, by the way.
3. Presidente Franco is also called as “City of the three borders”, where Paraguay, Argentina and Brazil are linked in one spot. The location of this settlement is characterized by junction of Parana and Monday rivers and beautiful natural landscapes are guaranteed.
4. This city is a biggest river port within the area of the country, Therefore, there is no surprise that its status supplemented by transport communications development has enhanced the rapid progress of Presidente Franco as important trading spot near by the biggest one in Paraguay – Ciudad Del Este. Speaking of which, it is also indicated that nearly a half of town population are employed precisely in Ciudad Del Este.
5. Among travel attractions it is appropriate to note remarkable beaches, which gather lots of tourists during summer and Station Tape Aviru – the place of impudent sport performances; the large conservation of indigenous and endemic wild animals is Monument Scientific Moses Bertoni, which also the core place for local Guarani people, who sell their handicrafts there, alerting an attention to the old culture.